WHY DO I COLLECT?

Why do I collect? That's easy... because it's so much fun! Ever since I can remember I have been going to flea markets, antique shops, yard sales, you name it. Wherever I could find some sort of interesting treasure or cool piece of junk! I love driving around in search of new places or revisiting my favorite spots. I come from a family of collectors and have lived amongst antiques and collectibles my whole life. I have a passion for decorating especially with things that I find in my travels or even things found in the trash... which by the way can be some of the best stuff! But for those who share the same passion, I don't have to tell you... you all know what fun it is and how addicting it can be! Here I will share my collections, interesting finds, decorating tips, photos, projects, friends collections and thoughts and whatever else I may find along the way.


10.31.2011

THRIFT STORE THURSDAY!



I decided to hit a few thrift stores last Thursday in search of a birthday gift for a friend. Of course I did not come home empty handed! :-) As we headed to Care and Share in Souderton, we passed by a small thrift shop in Hilltown Township that's always closed every time I go by. Well, I got lucky and it was open and as we walked in George spotted yet another vintage trash can! $2! Yay! Also found these 2 nice pottery planters (at Care and Share). For a while now I have been searching for a vintage metal stool for my kitchen. I've seen many but not the right one. I was very tempted to buy one on ebay but some are quite expensive and I knew if I held out long enough I would come across one. So, on the way home we stopped at NOVA Thrift Shop in Dublin and of course there was the perfect stool! $5! Gave it a quick coat of red paint to keep the vintage look and it's exactly what I had in mind! Also found this cool red flour tin for $1. :-)

7 comments:

  1. $5 for that stool. What a steal. It looks awesome. Enjoy it.
    Karen G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice collectibles, and so reasonably priced! I'd love to have every one of those items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW-I love your blog and I picked you for a Liebster Award! Check out my blog for the details!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that stool and I'm always buying green pottery planters also!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...