WHY DO I COLLECT?

Why do I collect? That's easy... because it's so much fun! Ever since I can remember I have been going to flea markets, antique shops, yard sales, you name it. Wherever I could find some sort of interesting treasure or cool piece of junk! I love driving around in search of new places or revisiting my favorite spots. I come from a family of collectors and have lived amongst antiques and collectibles my whole life. I have a passion for decorating especially with things that I find in my travels or even things found in the trash... which by the way can be some of the best stuff! But for those who share the same passion, I don't have to tell you... you all know what fun it is and how addicting it can be! Here I will share my collections, interesting finds, decorating tips, photos, projects, friends collections and thoughts and whatever else I may find along the way.


8.22.2011

GOING GREEN!


After visiting my friends Jerry and Anna and seeing a great vintage porch sofa they had found in the trash and painted a beautiful bright green, I got inspired to paint these 2 vintage metal lawn chairs after having them in my garage for 10 years! I always meant to paint them but just never felt like doing it for some reason! I came across the little round matching table at a recent yard sale for $1.00... yay!! So happy with that purchase... I chose more of a lime green paint and am very happy with the way they turned out! So happy that I painted 2 metal tables that I had gotten at a flea market a few years ago and also a metal chair that I found in the trash. :-)

5 comments:

  1. They look beautiful and you will enjoy the comfy chairs. You could be like my friend who picks a different color for her porch every spring and repaints her furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great. I found a great outdoor setting (wooden) at a junk shop but they wanted $140 and it needed lots of work. Was lovely but I am a bargain hunter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bright colours and what a bargain you got with the table. I've just returned from the USA and I love the way yard sales and swap meets are done. I landed up buying far too much but boy we had so much fun! Happy hunting ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have the top-row two chairs on our front porch right now (in pink) and the top-row table on the back porch (in aqua blue)!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...