WHY DO I COLLECT?

Why do I collect? That's easy... because it's so much fun! Ever since I can remember I have been going to flea markets, antique shops, yard sales, you name it. Wherever I could find some sort of interesting treasure or cool piece of junk! I love driving around in search of new places or revisiting my favorite spots. I come from a family of collectors and have lived amongst antiques and collectibles my whole life. I have a passion for decorating especially with things that I find in my travels or even things found in the trash... which by the way can be some of the best stuff! But for those who share the same passion, I don't have to tell you... you all know what fun it is and how addicting it can be! Here I will share my collections, interesting finds, decorating tips, photos, projects, friends collections and thoughts and whatever else I may find along the way.


2.19.2010

COLORFUL AMERICAN POTTERY


McCoy, Shawnee, Hull, Haeger, Upco, Coronet and more... vases, planters and flower pots are what makes up my collection of American pottery. I started out collecting only white pottery and always displayed the pieces in one spot as a big grouping (kind of a rule I have for displaying collections... keep everything together)... Anyway, at one point it was all displayed on an old bench, then shelves, then the fireplace mantel. The collection has since expanded to include all the colors that this pottery comes in and I do try and keep it all in one room although some pieces have been scattered throughout the house where I feel a blast of color would be fun. I would say that most of my pieces have been purchased at thrift stores, flea markets and yard sales and occasionally an antique show if the price is right. So many antique shows will feature beautiful pieces of McCoy but you will pay top dollar... I can't tell you how many pieces I've seen at shows and then actually picked up at other places for a fraction of the price. I'm always on the hunt! I have added some links to my list that deal with McCoy pottery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...