WHY DO I COLLECT?

Why do I collect? That's easy... because it's so much fun! Ever since I can remember I have been going to flea markets, antique shops, yard sales, you name it. Wherever I could find some sort of interesting treasure or cool piece of junk! I love driving around in search of new places or revisiting my favorite spots. I come from a family of collectors and have lived amongst antiques and collectibles my whole life. I have a passion for decorating especially with things that I find in my travels or even things found in the trash... which by the way can be some of the best stuff! But for those who share the same passion, I don't have to tell you... you all know what fun it is and how addicting it can be! Here I will share my collections, interesting finds, decorating tips, photos, projects, friends collections and thoughts and whatever else I may find along the way.


2.20.2010

POTTERY HIGHLIGHTS


While driving around one Saturday, we came a cross a yard sale that looked pretty good from the road. As we pulled into the driveway I could see that this was going to be something good. All of the merchandise was displayed on tarps and blankets on the grass with signs on each that said EVERYTHING HERE 50 cents, 25 cents, etc... after getting a better look I realized that most of what was there was pottery. I quietly said to my husband, start gathering as much as you can and move it all to one spot without making a big deal. Long story short... we left there with over 35 pieces of pottery... McCoy, Haeger, Shawnee, etc... all for $15! I like to call it The Pottery Score of 2005! Shown above are a few highlights from that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...