WHY DO I COLLECT?

Why do I collect? That's easy... because it's so much fun! Ever since I can remember I have been going to flea markets, antique shops, yard sales, you name it. Wherever I could find some sort of interesting treasure or cool piece of junk! I love driving around in search of new places or revisiting my favorite spots. I come from a family of collectors and have lived amongst antiques and collectibles my whole life. I have a passion for decorating especially with things that I find in my travels or even things found in the trash... which by the way can be some of the best stuff! But for those who share the same passion, I don't have to tell you... you all know what fun it is and how addicting it can be! Here I will share my collections, interesting finds, decorating tips, photos, projects, friends collections and thoughts and whatever else I may find along the way.


2.18.2010

ANTIQUE BILL SPIKES


Antique bill spikes or receipt holders... used on desks in general stores or offices to hold receipts or important papers. I don't know what got me started on these... there's something about them that I love. Someone had given me one and then I was hooked. Once I have 10 of something then the collection has officially begun! I find the cast iron or metal bases of these interesting pieces really beautiful. I love the way they look in a group and the fact that not everyone knows what they are when they see my collection. Makes for an interesting conversation I guess!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder what they actually called these. I have one that my dad gave me from the shop he used to work at. The owner went out of business because he wouldn't collect money for the bills (ironically) he'd put on this spike. He wouldn't call people and tell them they owed anything. Also, the IRS closed him down for not paying taxes. I think mine is like the 6 sided ones with the six holes. It's in a box I can't get to now. I found your site by looking up "bill spike" and someone had your site as a Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...