WHY DO I COLLECT?

Why do I collect? That's easy... because it's so much fun! Ever since I can remember I have been going to flea markets, antique shops, yard sales, you name it. Wherever I could find some sort of interesting treasure or cool piece of junk! I love driving around in search of new places or revisiting my favorite spots. I come from a family of collectors and have lived amongst antiques and collectibles my whole life. I have a passion for decorating especially with things that I find in my travels or even things found in the trash... which by the way can be some of the best stuff! But for those who share the same passion, I don't have to tell you... you all know what fun it is and how addicting it can be! Here I will share my collections, interesting finds, decorating tips, photos, projects, friends collections and thoughts and whatever else I may find along the way.


2.28.2010

TIN KITCHEN CANISTERS


So here are some more kitchen collectibles I find hard to resist. My first set of these vintage tin kitchen canisters came from my Grandmother. She gave me a full set in mint condition which I love. Here and there I have picked up many other sets, sold a few, kept a few. These were used in kitchens during the 30s, 40s and 50s. Also included with these sets were a big square bread tin, a holder/dispenser for aluminum foil/wax paper, etc..., a garbage pail and dust pan. I do have a few of the bread tins but don't really have room for the other stuff! I did come across a dust pan which matched one of the patterns that I have and for some reason didn't buy it. I should have as I don't come across those to often!

4 comments:

  1. Hi there! I actually found your blog while hunting for info on the syrup pitcher I just brought home from the thrift shop. I love collecting, too and hope to have my won booth at the antique mall soon.

    I adore vintage tins and have a few myself. Your collection is great!

    I'll be following along and exploring your past posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few cherry tins myself. I bought a whole set last year -3 canisters, 1 waste backet and the bread tin ...they were mint condition. I love them and use them everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want 3 or 4 of the canister with red lid, blue, red & white flowers in your picture of several tin canisters. do you have this item, and if so, how much..thaks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...